The addition of window shutters is the perfect way to upgrade the exterior design of your home, but with so many material options to choose from it may be difficult to determine which type of shutters are the best choice for you. Wooden window shutters are becoming increasingly popular among Saratoga homeowners that are looking to add extra curb appeal to their home. The use of wooden window shutters creates a timeless look and a long lasting first impression. However, wooden window shutters are not for everyone. Like all shutter materials, wood shutters come with its own list of benefits and disadvantages. To help you determine whether or not wooden shutters are a strong fit for your home, we have created a short list of important factors to consider when deciding on this popular material.
The Advantages of Wooden Window Shutters:
- Aesthetic Appeal: Wooden windows have been a long time favorite among homeowners due to their classic and elegant look. Wooden windows can easily be stained or painted any color, allowing homeowners to match and contrast with the exterior color of their home. Wooden windows can also have extra design elements added to them like engravings and decorative cut outs, to give your home some additional character.
- Easy Control of Sunlight: Wooden shutters are the perfect option for those looking to have complete control over the amount of light that enters their home. The slats on wooden windows can be adjusted to allow light to come in or to block out the light completely.
- Weather Protection: Wooden shutters do a quality job of protecting your home and windows from intense heat in the summer and excessive rain in the winter. When the weather cools off the shutters can also be adjusted to allow the perfect amount of breeze to enter your home.
The Disadvantages of Wooden Window Shutters:
- Susceptible to Storm Damage: While wooden windows may help protect your home from certain weather conditions, they typically don’t hold up as well against intense storms.
- Humidity Damage: Wooden shutters may not be the best option for those living in extremely humid or moist climates. This shutter material has the tendency to warp when exposed to overly damp environments, requiring frequent touch-ups and repairs.
- Pricing: You will find that due to the authentic look and feel of wooden windows, they typically come with a price tag higher than other window options.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the use of wooden window shutters in Saratoga, speaking with a shutter professional is a great way to have them addressed. At San Francisco Shutters our team of experts is ready to help guide you to the right shutter choice for your home. For your free consultation give us a call at 855-838-2405 or visit our Burlingame showroom at 1676 Gilbreth Road, Burlingame,California, 94010.